Bratislava, January 13 (TASR) – The Czech man believed to have broken into the house of actor and former politician Milan Knazko in Bratislava in the dark of the night earlier this week only to sustain a gunshot wound after Knazko opened fire was taken into custody on Friday, TASR learnt from spokesman for the Regional Court in Bratislava Pavol Adamciak later in the day.
“The Bratislava I District Court remanded the accused, P. N., into custody on Friday, owing to reasonable concerns that he might escape or hide with the aim of avoiding prosecution. The decision over custody isn’t final as yet, as the accused hasn’t responded so far. He has a term of three days to raise a complaint against the decision to remand him in custody,” said the spokesman.
Spokesperson for the Regional Police Corps Directorate Lucia Mihalikova told TASR earlier in the day that the suspected intruder, Pavel N., is facing theft and home invasion charges.
Knazko confirmed on Thursday that he had testified at a police station earlier on Thursday in connection with the break-in attempt.