Fico: New Investor in Banska Bystrica to Employ over 1,200 People

0
369
RKN Global Europe executive representative Marjan Lindsbro and Prime Minister Robert Fico (TASR)

Banska Bystrica, February 20 (TASR) – Secure identity document production company RKN Global Europe is to employ over 1,200 people in Banska Bystrica in an investment worth €89 million, announced Prime Minister Robert Fico after signing a memorandum of understanding with the company in Banska Bystrica on Saturday.

Fico announced that the Government will aid the company with stimuli prior to the parliamentary election (March 5) in the form of cash payments and tax relief. “We see no barriers to make a decision on supporting this strategic step. There is a proposal that the Government will discuss. If there are no unforeseen events, the Government will approve the investment aid on March 2,” said Fico.

According to Fico, the employee structure will primarily focus on people with a university education – up to 80 percent, with the remaining 20 percent made up of employees with a secondary-school education. Salaries will significantly exceed the average.

“It’s production with high added value. They will produce documents with security features, security cards, payment cards and mechanisms for airports that identify counterfeit documents. It concerns 28 products,” said Fico.

The construction of the plant will take about a year, with production itself due to begin in 2017.

The company’s executive representative Marjan Lindsbro explained that Banska Bystrica was chosen partly because the company sees potential in the region in terms of human resources.