Tourism in Slovakia Constantly Growing 4th Year in Row

0
55
(stock photo by TASR)

Bratislava, September 5 (TASR) – More than 2.5 million tourists spent at least one night in Slovakia in the first half of 2018, up by almost 4 percent compared to the same period last year, TASR learnt from the Transport and Construction Ministry, which manages the tourism sector.

According to Transport Ministry spokesperson Karolina Ducka, Slovakia’s tourism has been steadily growing over the past four years.

“The number of tourists has been growing and tourism is becoming an important part of our economy, which makes us very happy. It’s important for us to continue this trend, improve our services and offer the potential we have here to the tourists. So that visitors can have only the most beautiful experience of Slovakia and have reasons to come back again, ” said Transport Minister Arpad Ersek (Most-Hid).

In the first six months of this year tourists spent in Slovakia about 6.9 million nights, an increase of 3.8 percent. The Zilina, Bratislava and Presov regions were among the most preferred.

Of the total number of tourists, Slovaks made up 61 percent (more than 1.5 million individuals) whereas foreign tourists made up the remaining 39 percent (around 1 million individuals). The number of Slovak tourists went up by almost 3 percent year-on-year, while the number of tourists from abroad increased by almost 5 percent y-o-y in the first half of 2018, stated Ducka.